The school counselors support the mission of the Greenwich Public Schools by helping all students access the coursework and extracurricular activities that will allow them to reach their highest academic potential, and develop the capacities outlined in the Vision of the Graduate. The school counselors also actively contribute to the development of a safe and supportive environment in which to learn.
Throughout the year, the school counselors meet with students individually, in small groups and in the classroom to assist with:
- Academic advising including course selection, scheduling, and academic support
- Social and emotional counseling including peer relationships, stress management, conflict resolution and crisis intervention
- Career and college exploration using tools on Scoir as well as community resources
- Post-secondary planning, beginning with the initial search through the application and acceptance process
Students are assigned a school counselor who works with them throughout their four years at Greenwich High School. To discuss a question or concern, or to schedule an appointment, students and families can contact their school counselor directly by phone or email, or contact their House’s Guidance administrative assistant.
- 2022-2023 Counseling Program - Dates and activities
- Contact information - For house offices, counselors and attendance
Current GHS students at are able to download a copy of their unofficial transcript from their Aspen portal. Sometimes a coach, college program, or honor society requests a copy of your transcript, and most often, this unofficial one is all that's required.
The report is run from the My Info tab > Transcripts side tab. Options are "Final", "Mid-Year" and "Current". Credits are awarded and cumulative GPAs are updated at the end of each semester (twice a year). Select "Final" for the transcript that prints your final grades and the credits awarded.