College and Career Center
The College and Career Center is a resource for students and families to assist with post-high school planning
Located in the Media Center
Hours are 8:00AM-3:15PM
Appointments with Mrs. Lochridge can be scheduled by visiting the College and Career Center or through
Ms. Lochridge's Calendly Schedule.
College and Career Center Programs
- College Admissions Workshops: for seniors (fall) and juniors (spring)
- Individual appointments (Mrs. Lochridge's Calendar):
- Seniors may make appointments in the fall
- Juniors may make appointments in the spring after their individual planning meeting with their School Counselor
- Career & Technical School Fair: Each spring we host representatives from schools and colleges offering career-focused associate degree, licensure and certificate programs.
- ASVAB: Each spring we administer the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery to interested students ages 16-25.
- Senior Internship Program
Resources for Students
- The College Book contains yearly college admissions data for GHS students. This is available to check out over night in the GHS media center or the town libraries.
- College guidebooks, SAT and ACT prep books and numerous reference books for students to access.
- Scholarships applications are available in the College and Career Center. Check the weekly CC Update for scholarship opportunities.
Our College and Career Update, contains timely and important information about college admissions rep and military recruiter visits, college info sessions and open houses, scholarships, School Counseling Department announcements, and other opportunities you don't want to miss!
Annual College Night
Thursday, October 12, 2023
6:00pm - 8:00pm @ Greenwich High School
- If you are an admissions representative and would like to register please do so before September 30, 2023 by clicking - GHS College Fair Registration.
- College representative visits can be scheduled through Scoir.
- Please see our list of schools coming to GHS College Fair.
- This event takes place annually in mid-October.
- Complete the career interest assessment to explore possible career interests on Scoir.
- Search for majors and careers on College Board website.
- Research careers in the Occupational Outlook Handbook-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Join a club, volunteer in the community or consider job shadowing and internship experiences to expose yourself to different careers throughout high school.
- Visit the PTA Student Employment page for part-time work and community service opportunities.
- Discuss GHS elective course options each year with your counselor.