Soccer - Boys
Varsity often plays a 22-25 game season in 3 months consisting of pre-season, FCIAC, and State Tournament.
Please visit the registration page to register for tryouts. As part of registration you must submit a sports physical or email the Greenwich High School Health Office to certify that a current sports physical is on file.
If you do not have a medical clearance from the School Nurse and/or you have not registered you cannot try out. YOU NEED BOTH!
ALL players MUST wear a white t-shirt each day. BRING shin-guards, sneakers, cleats, and lots of water. No shin-guards then you do not play.
Students should join the sportsYou group for their sport as soon as they register for the season. Tryout information is on sportsYou.
Fitness is a key element coming into the season.
- Players will complete a 1.5 timed mile run.
- Players will complete a sprint, agility, and quickness course
- Players will be assessed on key elements.
- Technical ability (first touch, passing, dribbling and ability to play under pressure).
- Tactical ability/cognitive processes (decision-making, how you support your team-mates, movement, angles of support). Positional ability (how you play a position you choose to be assessed at).
- Emotional and psychological strength (the reaction when the ball is lost, competitiveness, effort, interaction with other players).