Skip To Main Content

Student Employment & Volunteer Opportunities

Working Papers:

Students between the ages of 14 and 18 years are eligible for working papers. The paperwork is available from the receptionist in the Main Office at GHS. 

  • In order to receive working papers for jobs in CT, students must present a birth certificate, current passport or driver’s license and the employer’s signature confirming a promise of employment. 
  • The Main Office of GHS is open from 8:00am to 4:30pm each week day during the school year.
  • During the summer of 2021, students may email or to facilitate the process of obtaining working papers.  Students are not allowed on campus during summer construction.   
  • For jobs in NY State, please see the Getting your Working Papers information posted by the NY State Department of Labor.  


Having a part-time job while in school or over the summer is a wonderful way to earn extra money, build a professional network and gain valuable job experience. Some common part-time jobs include childcare, tutoring, garden/yard work, pet care, sports instruction, lifeguards, computer support, retail services, sales associates, camp counselors, music instruction, and much more.
The GHS PTA sponsors student access to QuadJobs, an online job platform that connects students to flexible, part-time jobs.  Please visit the PTA Student Employment Page for more information.  
All students must have a signed Parental Consent Form prior to accessing QuadJobs.

Volunteer Opportunities:

Students are encouraged to volunteer their time to support favorite non-profits! Besides the chance to learn new skills and strengthen our community, junior year Civics course requires 5 hours of community service, and the GHS chapter of the National Honor Society requires 20 hours of community service per year.  Please see the local community service and volunteer opportunities list, compiled by the GHS PTA.

If you are interested in one time volunteer opportunities please reach out to Student Government or the LINK club